When I had my light-bulb moment and decided to delve into the green and clean beauty industry, I felt I was breaking up with my blogger-self. I knew my brands and products and, albeit I was being picky, I was still attending interesting events from time to time. I also knew Dubai did not have any green beauty events to offer me, so I felt my event-life will be stagnant. Lo and behold, less than a month after my Tabitha James Kraan review post, I had the chance to see Tabitha herself here IN DUBAI! OMG.
Meeting the person behind niche brands is always fascinating to me, and it’s always a wonderful and insightful experience when that person is so interesting. In a world were genuine people are rare, Tabitha is a gem of a find. I found her to be a lovely, inspiring and revolutionary person – a visionary with a mission, her products are proof that green/clean/organic products actually work, and can even do a better job than conventional ones, while being kind to the planet at the same time.
Tabitha and I recorded our session and it is already up on my IGTV channel – check it out to see her trying her products on my hair! (and perhaps give me a follow if you haven’t already!)
Here’s a quick summary of what I learned that day:
- My hair loves the Organic Hair Cleanser more than the Clean Shampoo. It could be the nature of my hair or the water here in Dubai, but I don’t need to use as much of the hair cleanser as the shampoo.
- Shampoo is only meant for the scalp and the roots, especially if you have dry and damaged hair. Hair is very vulnerable when it’s wet and being shampooed and the sudsy lather is very damaging to the hair shaft.
- You don’t HAVE to apply shampoo twice, only if you really need it. It was a very smart marketing gimmick that helps double sales! Applying shampoo once and really working it into the scalp is sufficient enough to cleanse it properly.
- For really dry and damaged hair, the Clean Conditioner can be used from mid to ends and the Organic 4 in 1 Conditioner can be layered on top from roots to tips to add more moisture.
- The Organic 4 in 1 Conditioner can be used to moisturize the scalp, so it helps with dandruff.
- The Organic 4 in 1 conditioner can also be used as a heat protectant! So really, it can be used as a conditioner, leave in conditioner, heat protectant and scalp treatment for dry and itchy scalps.
After meeting Tabitha, I knew I had try the rest of her products, and went ahead and bought the Scented Organic Hair Oil and Organic Dry Shampoo for Dark Hair.
Scented Organic Hair Oil
I can’t even begin to describe how hooked I am to this product. I’m half-way through the bottle now and already planning on purchasing it again. I warm up a pump of it in my palms and give my scalp a good massage, then apply any excess product on the tips of my hair. I leave it on anywhere between 30 minutes and a whole night. It’s very easy to wash out as it does not leave any residue, and it is the ONLY product I’ve ever used that helps me keep my dandruff under control.
Organic Dry Shampoo
I never was a fan of conventional dry shampoo. It made my scalp feel more itchy than ever, sucked out all the moisture from my hair till it felt all parched and stiff, and just felt heavy. This one however has managed to transmute my view; it does exactly what it is supposed to do without any of the negative effects associated with using normal dry shampoo. Now that I have been regularly using the Organic Hair Cleanser, my hair does not get as oily and I actually feel less compelled to reach out for dry shampoo. When I do though, I love applying a bit on my fingertips and working it into my roots, moving upwards from the nape of my neck to the crown.
The state of my scalp and hair has changed tremendously since I started using Tabitha’s products over 6 months ago. My scalp calmed down considerably after it has always been itchy, oily and flaky and my hair transformed from dry, brittle and frizzy to soft and manageable. A friend I meet with every week saw the transformation for herself and had to get her hands on all the products I was using (in the biggest size possible!): the Organic Hair Cleanser, 4 in 1 Conditioner and Scented Hair Oil. I am currently on my second bottle of Hair Conditioner but honestly don’t think my hair needs it anymore; considering how much my hair had loved it before, this is only proof of how effective and transformative the Tabitha James Kraan line is. I honestly cannot recommend these products enough, they truly are Holy Grail material.
Tabitha James Kraan products are available in the UAE at Sister’s Beauty Lounge branches and BalmEssence website.
4 replies on “Review: Tabitha James Kraan Organic Hair Brand”
Amazing review and these products look amazing!!
So happy you like it! They really are amazing, hope you get to try them sometime!